- This event has passed.
The Vitality Program with Cindy Savage
September 20, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - November 29, 2022 @ 9:30 pm EDT
Hurry! Participants must sign up by September 16, 2022 for Cindy’s Vitality Program.
This 10-session program occurs every Tuesday from September 20th to November 29th 2022 where each session builds on the learning of the last.
People leading vital lives are dynamic, full of purpose and passion and intent on making healthy choices to lead active lives. They have physical strength and strength of character. They continually develop their mental acuity and are life-long learners. Vitality means having the capacity to live and grow, to joyfully reach for dreams, to build and sustain meaningful relationships. Vital people are capable and energetic. They eat well, move consistently, know how to use prayer and meditation to manage stress, value a good night’s sleep, and regularly engage in meaningful relationships and activities that stimulate their brains with new information. In general, they love life, no matter what their age.
Typically, after this series, participants come out feeling stronger, eating better, moving more, are less stressed, lighter in weight and have lower numbers for cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and the like. There are no promises, but that’s what has happened in other groups.
The course will focus on 5 Vitality areas, devoting 2 weeks to each area.
- Nutrition—More than just a diet plan, refers to all of the foods and substances you put into your body to create optimum health. Healthy, nutrient-dense whole plant foods fuel the body, nourish the mind and nurture the spirit.
- Movement—Includes exercise, but doesn’t depend on a standardized fitness regimen to build strength, stamina and flexibility. Continual, intentional movement strengthens the body, powers the mind and restores the spirit.
- Inner Harmony—Relaxation comes to mind when thinking of inner harmony, but it’s so much more than doing nothing. Meditation, breath work, lifelong learning, getting out in nature, being inspired by art and physical and mental stimulation all fall under this category. Opening to inner harmony refreshes the body, improves the mind and motivates the spirit.
- Wisdom of Sleep—Essentially, sleep affects memory, immune response, performance and mood. It is both helped and hindered by the choices we make in all of the other areas. Lack of it can also affect our digestion, functional thought processes, our ability to renew and our social relationships. Sleep restores the body, cleanses the mind and purifies the spirit.
- Community—Who we know, who we spend time with, interpersonal relationships and social interactions all fall into this habit of connecting with others in fun, frivolous, deep and meaningful ways. Family, friends and colleagues both enhance our self-worth and give us a sense of purpose. Our community uplifts our bodies, stimulates our minds and supports our spirits.
Bonus Week 11: living and sustaining the Vitality lifestyle, speaking from experience dialogue, interviews with each other. While this is a bonus week and not required, by the time they make it this far, they’ll want to attend as it incorporated all of their successes and leads forward.
Built in Extra’s:
- Six times during the course, there will be Lunch and Learns on Thursdays at noon where prominent speakers, doctors, etc. will come on Zoom, present to the participants and offer Q&A.
- Cooking demos, classes from Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine and vast quantities of recipes.
- We have a forum on the website for just our group to communicate, share and ask questions.
- Full year membership in Healthy World Vitality website.
Classes are part presentation, but mostly discussion, breakouts, games, art, music, and fun. Participants will be given access to the presenter’s website where they can download the course workbook and myriad resources in each Vitality area. Most of the prep is contained within the workbook and takes care of the information upload, so the classes are designed as support, Q&A, and challenging ourselves to reach farther toward wellness. We are all co-coaches in this process.
There are things to do to prepare for each class and follow up activities which might include watching videos/Ted Talks, reading materials, creating visions, goals, and actions such as exercising or cooking or meditating using one of many modality opportunities presented in the workbook and in the classes. You will also get reminders each week about the homework and preparing for the next class. For those who are really excited and want to learn more, we have advanced level, deep dive materials and encourage anyone to partake.
Cost: $100 Note: This course is a ten week course of study and is not available in reduced formats.
September 20th to November 29th 2022
Each session is 90 minutes starting at 8:00 PM Eastern _ 7:00 PM Central _ 6:00 PM Mountain _ 5:00 PM Pacific
Presenter: Cindy Savage:
Cindy is an author, registered yoga teacher/trainer with thousands of hours of teaching experience and a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. She teaches yoga daily and facilitates Vitality and
Wellness programs both in-person and online. With a background in teaching and training plus a master’s degree in curriculum development Cindy knows how to deliver learning that sticks in a fun, participatory, interactive way.