- This event has passed.
Exploration and Discovery in Intuitive Art
April 26, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm MST
Artist and teacher Anne-Marie Read will lead participants to better understand what it means to create truly Intuitive Art.
Through exploration, reflection and reconstruction, you’ll learn to stretch your capacity, to step outside your comfort zone, and gain confidence in the use of goal-free approaches in the creation of art.
Join us on: April 26, 2021 5:00 -7:00 Pacific Tim, 6:00-8:00 Mountain, 7:00-9:00 Central, 8:00-10:00 Eastern
Instructions in advance of the session. Note: Handouts and an agenda will be sent to subscribers.
Please assemble whatever media and associated materials you would like to use during session. These might include but are not limited to the following:
- Pliable surfaces on which to draw, apply paint, or glue collage or mixed media (e.g., paper, card stock, cardboard, or poster board) ranging in size from small (e.g., 4 X 6) to large (e.g., 12 X 18) and anywhere in between;
- Drawing materials (e.g., charcoal, conte crayons, wax crayons, colored pencils, chalk or oil pastels, pen and ink).
- Paint media (e.g., watercolors; gouache or opaque watercolors, oil or acrylic), palettes or mixing trays, brushes.
- Collage sources and materials (e.g., photos, magazine pictures, colored paper, fabric swatches, string, yarn, glue, tape).
- Tools (e.g., scissors, ruler, straight edge, knife, hole punch, stapler, needle and thread); and
- Clean-up materials (e.g., water, paint thinner, cans or jars, rags).
Set up an area suitable for working (e.g., desk, table, counter) and cover with protective material (e.g., plastic tablecloth) as needed.
Arrange for suitable lighting.
If possible, locate a workspace near a wall or bulletin board where you can tape or pin your pieces of intuitive art.
In the evening before our Intuitive Art Session, relax and consider all the possibilities of light, color, texture, effects, feelings, etc. from which your intuitive art might emerge.
If you have questions, please send them by April 25, 2021 to email@example.com
Presenter: Anne-Marie Read
Biography:Anne-Marie Read is a self-employed Artist and Muralist (BFA, SUNY New Paltz); Classroom Teacher (MA, SUNY Oswego); University Teacher and Researcher (PhD, UNC at Chapel Hill); and Professional Development Consultant (Equine-Assisted Learning, Horse Rescue and Animal Sanctuary Board Self-assessment).